February 5, 2013

stillADDinktive Sketch Challenge #4!

Good morning blog readers! Today at stillADDinktive we have a sketch and color challenge for you. If you are not familiar with stillADDinktive we are into month #2 of a new challenge and we've had so much fun already. Check us out!

Here is the sketch for this week. You can choose to combine the sketch and colors or you can do one or the other:

This is my card for this week:


Don't these colors look great paired up together? I like how the Early Espresso makes the Crumb Cake & Bashful Blue stand out. I started with a base of Early Espresso Cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and folded in half.

The easiest way to cut the 2nd layer so both pieces are uniform, is to cut a piece of Bashful Blue Cardstock 5 1/8" x 4" and then cut it in half on the 5 1/8" side. I embossed the 2 pieces with the Chevron Textured Impressions Folder:


All of the stamped images are from the Oh, Hello Stamp Set. Here is a listing of the remainder of the Stampin' Up! supplies I used on my card:
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
  • DSP: Parker's Patterns
  • Stamps: Oh, Hello
  • Accessories: Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Chevron Textured Impressions Folder, Labels Collection Framelits, Ovals Framelits, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
Make sure you stop by stillADDinktive to visit all of the designers and to maybe submit your project to us! We would love to have you join us!



Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Great design Debbie! Love the contrast of the chevrons against all the rounded layers & the soft bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic use of the new stamp set Debbie, love how you featured them with the chevron embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on creating uniform layers! I have been admiring this card because of all of the layers you used. They really "dress up" a card and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've used the colours perfectly Debbie. I love the embossed background and the way you've used the new stamp set. Gorgeous bow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing off this gorgeous card of yours for a while now and you convinced me to get the Oh, Hello Stamp set. Love the embossed background and that beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!