February 21, 2013

CCMC240!

WOW...such beautiful colors for us this week at Create with Connie & Mary. I'm really beginning to like working with Basic Gray. I've forced myself to use it more and more and now I almost prefer it to black!

Here is the color line-up for this week:


Ooooh, lots of new goodies displayed here on this card. Well, almost new by now as we are 2 months into the "Spring Catalog". It is so jammed-packed with new stuff that I really haven't played with all of it more than maybe once or twice each so far! Anyway, here is my card for this week:


I love all the feminine details offered by the Stampin' Up! products I used today. The cute little flower is from the "5/8" Flower Trim". 2 yards of flowers on a strip of tulle. I used my "Paper Snips" to cut one off and then using a "Sponge Dauber" and  "Basic Gray Ink", sponged the top of the flower to color it:



Do you like the tri-colored chevrons? I stamped the outline first using the coordinating inks and then hand-cut with my "Paper Snips" and added a "Rhinestone Jewel" to each center:


Here's a little more detail to the "Dress Up Framlits Dies" below. I added a string of "Rhinestone Jewels" to create a necklace and the dress shape sits on an oval cut with the "Ovals Collection Framelits" that has been embossed with the "Stripes Textured Impressions Folder":


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo
  • Inks: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Melon Mambo
  • Stamps: You Are Loved
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder, Ovals Collection Framelits, Word Window Punch, Paper Snips, Dress Up Framelits Dies, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: 5/8" Flower Trim, Rhinestone Jewels
I hope you decide to join us this week at Create with Connie & Mary. The design team has some "wow" projects to show you!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. These chevrons are such a standout in the challenge colours Debbie - I've been admiring them since I saw them in the gallery. This is a very clever way of incorporating the colours. The rhinestone necklace is a lovely touch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Narelle! I thought hand-cutting them was going to be a chore but it turned out to be easy!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you used the chevron stamps! And I love how you accessorized the dress! Very creative and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! So easy when we have such wonderful products to work with!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute card! That dress die is a must.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ter. I wasn't going to purchase this set but decided to add it to my list at the last minute and don't regret it at all!

      Delete
  4. I love everything you did to and with this card...fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the addition of the flower peeking in on the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! It was one of those last minute decisions that I hoped I wouldn't regret and it really did add to the card!

      Delete
  6. Love the modern chevrons with the other classic items on your card (the dress, the ribbon flower and the flower in the corner). Wonderful mix of old and new styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, bold card, Debbie. Those chevrons look fantastic running down the side of your card and that flower in the top right is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren, I wasn't quite sure what to do with those chevrons at first. They are quite fun to play with. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!