February 14, 2013

CCMC239!

Happy Heart Day everyone! And to make Valentine's Day special for Create with Connie & Mary today, I created a simple card with the sketch challenge we were given for this week:


I decided to stick with 2 colors for today's card, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla:


I've been using Very Vanilla more than Whisper White lately. I just love the elegance of this color. What makes this card so special is all of the coordinating products we have available to use at Stampin' Up! The papers, inks, ribbons.......just all of it, coordinates so perfectly.


I stamped the image from "You Are Loved Stamp Set" using "Soft Suede Ink" and cut the shape
using the "Hearts A Flutter Framelit Dies". I cut 2 more heart shapes with "Soft Suede Cardstock" and layered them both underneath the stamped layer to create a skinny outline. Add a few "Rhinestone Jewels" for a little bit of bling.

I hope you have a wonderful day today with your loved ones! Happy Valentine's Day!



Stampin' Up! Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: Soft Suede
  • Stamps: You Are Loved
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
  • Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Pack

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty with just the two colors! And what a super idea to make a matt for the top heart! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is elegant! I love that you've kept it to just two colours - it really adds to the classiness of this card. I could see this card used for an engagement or wedding card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous non-traditional color valentine! This would be great for a man even though the stamp images are frilly...the color makes it masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monochromatic look using just two colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors go so well with the stamps. I wouldn't have thought of using Soft Suede for a valentine card, but you've created a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!