February 7, 2013

CCMC238!

The card I am showing you today for Create with Connie & Mary makes me think of spring. We are still in winter mode here in Maine and spring is usually not in full swing for us until April and sometimes as late as the beginning of May. Can't wait even though I have enjoyed snowmobiling this winter.


Here is my card for this week's Color Challenge:


I thought I would use the stamp set "Rain or Shine" in a different way on my card for today. I stamped the umbrella upside-down and filled it with hearts! Where did the teeny tiny punched hearts come from? The "Owl Punch"! I even used my exacto knife to cut around the curves of the umbrella so I could neatly tuck some of the hearts in. The beautiful embossed clouds you see on my stamped panel are from the "Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Folder":


Have a great day and make sure you pay us a visit at Create with Connie & Mary! We all enjoy hearing from you and we would love for you to join us!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
  • Inks: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
  • Stamps: Rain or Shine, My Little Valentine
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Window Frames Framelits, Small Oval Punch, Large Scallop Edgelits, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Bakers Twine
  • DSP:
Make sure you visit Create with Connie & Mary and don't forget that there is still lots of time left to sign up for the Spring Edition Subscription going on right now. You can sign up and have access to all of the projects thus far and more to come!


Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Love the hearts in the umbrella! So many wonderful details on your card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh ,this so cute!! I have been debating on this set, and now I am going to have to get it!!
    I absolutely love this card. So creative simple with a huge wow! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so cute! I love the design and the colours.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever idea.... I love the upside down umbrella's and the clouds and hearts and and and.... ok, I love it all.... thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart-filled upside down unbrella is adorable! Love the raindrops stamped on the cloudy day background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my personal favorite color combo but I think that you did a fabulous job with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very clever of you to put the umbrella upside down and fill it with hearts - SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Debbie this is really sweet! I love all of those gorgeous little hearts being cradled by the umbrella - wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a clever use of the umbrella. Love your layout and use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SOOOO cute! I love the umbrella turned upside down! Just got this set, so can't wait to play with it! Great job, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how you turned the umbrella upside down! Wonderful idea for these umbrellas! I also just got this set and can't wait to create with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!