January 4, 2013

Valentine's Hearts Tree!

I'm trying to get back in to the swing of things since before the holidays. My regularly scheduled weeks have gone askew a little. Today for "Free Friday" I have a cute Valentine's project for you:


My little "Valentine's Tree" was actually quite simple to create and I even have the steps for you if you are interested in trying this out for yourself. Below is a photo close-up of the hearts. I curled all the tops of my hearts with my "Bone Folder" and then glued them in place one-by-one:


You only need a few supplies to complete one:
  • Foam cone shape
  • Ribbon (I used some retired ribbon)
  • Straight Pins
  • Glue Gun
  • Scissors
  • Hearts (I use the Hearts Framelits but you could use a heart punch)
  • Designer Paper, (I used "More Amore")
  • Cardstock (I used "Pool Party Core'dinations" and "Primrose Petals")
  • Embossing Folders (I used "Perfect Polka Dots")
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
Step 1: 

Using the foam cone, add a piece of ribbon at the bottom using straight pins:


I first curled the top of my hearts using a Bone Folder and then placed the heart at the bottom of my cone so that the heart covered the whole bottom and overlapped onto my work surface. Scroll down to Step 2 to get the visual. Use a pencil to mark where the ribbon should be placed so that the heart can be glued to it in the next step.

Step 2: 

Add a Stampin' Dimensional to the bottom of the heart which now becomes the top of your heart. Glue in place onto your ribbon:


Step 3:

Continue gluing your hearts in place, alternating patterns and cardstocks until the first row is covered. Overlap your hearts to cover as much of the cone as you can:


I used a Stampin' Sanding Block on my Pool Party Core'dintaions Paper and I used the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder on my Primrose Petals Cardstock.

Step 4:

Repeat adding ribbon and adding hearts as shown:


Keep working away at your layers. It really does go quicker than it looks as each layers requires less hearts:


Step 5:

Once you get to the top, here is how I created the topper. I curled 4 hearts and glued them together by gluing the sides:


Step 6:

Add hot glue to the very tip of your cone and a little onto the top of the hearts as shown:


Step 7:

Add topper to the hot glue and press in place for a few minutes:


I added flowers to the top hearts by cutting individual flowers from the "5/8" Flower Trim":


I like mine plain the way it is but you could also add pearls and rhinestones to really jazz it up. 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. hi
    thats i cooooool ideaaaaa.
    it is very nice your heart-tree.
    Thank you for this great idea.
    greetings
    gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    if you like looking of my heart-tree show over my blog
    greetings and thank you very much for your idea.
    gaby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!