January 8, 2013

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Aligning the easy way on the Simply Scored Scoring Tool!

Good Morning and welcome back to Tuesday Tips or Techniques! Due to the Christmas season, I had so much to post that I had to sway away from some of my usual weekly postings. Now I am back on schedule!

My "tip" for today.....look closely at my Simply Scored Scoring Tool below and you will notice that I have a line that I drew on my board at exactly the 6" mark vertically:


I used a black Permanent marker. Why did I do this? Have you ever had a tiny odd shaped piece of cardstock that you need to score and you thought you had it lined up perfectly? A piece that you can't slide up flat against the score board? You go ahead a score and awwww.....you messed it up? Well now you have a line to use as a guide:


The heart in the photo is being scored in the center and you are able to line it up using the colored line. Notice the center at the top and then the center at the tip of the bottom? All lined up perfectly because you had the colored line as a guide! Of course this heart shape could have been lined up at the top but sometimes you just can't use the guide and this is the answer. I used this shape just to show you how I used this "tip".


Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME TIP Debbie.....I'm off to make this black mark down the center of my Simply Score Tool. BRILLIANT and such a HANDY TIP! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome tip! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, why didn't I think of that! Thanks for sharing. Im def doing this since I never get the scoring properly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. Wish I had thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple yet so right...thank you for your cleverness and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, this is such a wonderful tip! I was going crazy trying to score ornaments down the center and this would have made it so much easier! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This technique works great on the nice single "STAR" stamp SU has recently come out with. Score the short lines on stamped image after cutting out, then turn over star, line up point and vee opposite and score point up to center. Makes easy valley and mountain creases and a beautiful dimensional star. Thank you for THIS tip as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!