January 29, 2013

stillADDinktive-Sketch Challenge #3!

I had so much fun with this week's color challenge at stillADDinktive. We are already at Week #5 for this new challenge site and what fun we've had so far! We are using River Rock, Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede for colors this week:

What made this card so easy to create is the new coordinating products available through Stampin' up! Take a peek:


I know what some of my die-hard customers are saying right new.......uuuggh, fussy cutting! Well guess what girls? No fussy cutting on this card at all! And look how I cut an oval in the center with my "Ovals Framelits Dies" so that the "get well soon" peeks out from the inside layer:


This is what my card looks like when opened completely so you can see the hole in the center:


And the inside:


Don't you just love all of the flowers? I stamped some on the "River Rock Cardstock" with "VersaMark Ink" and sprinkled "Clear Embossing Powder" on them and heat set with my "Heat Tool". For the largest flower, I inked my stamp image in "VersaMark Ink"  followed by "Soft Suede Ink" and that enabled me to create my own colored ink to use for embossing with "Clear Embossing Powder":


I hope you have enjoyed my card for today. I would love for you to join us for our challenge at "stillADDinktive". Not only will you have fun with the challenge, but you'll be joining a wonderful group of girls!


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, River Rock
  • Inks: VersaMark, Soft Suede
  • Stamps: Secret Garden, Oh Hello, Delightful Dozen
  • Tools: Big Shot, Ovals Framelits, Secret Garden Framelits, Little Leaves Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Folder, Sticky Strip, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Large Pearl Jewels, 7/16" Natural Ribbon Trim
  • DSP:Neutrals Paper Pack
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Really elegant and would be great for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen and yes, you could add any type of sentiment according to the holiday or occasion!

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I love the pretty grouping of flowers & the framing of the sentiment is fabulous!!! Fantastic card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Debbie, wonderful color combination and Love those die Cuts! The flower cluster around the frame is very impressive. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the cluster of flowers around your cut out oval. Love the fact that there's no fussy cutting. You've created a card with a real 'wow' factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! I have a class this Saturday using this bundle. Hope it goes well with all the Big Shot cutting!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous card, Debbie! I love the saying peeking through to the front, and the layered flowers and pearls are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card!! Love it! My Oh, Hello bundle is on it's way and I can't wait to give this a try. May I CASE for Club? My ladies would love this. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Pat, you can CASE for your club. I am honored that you asked and thanks for your kind comment!

      Delete
  7. The Oval framing alone on this card is amazing - but with all of those beautiful flowers, it is jaw dropping. And I agree, the framelits make it so much easier! Outstanding job with the color challenge, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you've placed the flowers around the cut-out frame Debbie.
    I'm sure this card would make anyone feel a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card! I love the swag of flowers around the frame!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!