January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year to all of my blogging friends! And what lies ahead in the form of resolutions for you? I came across something very interesting a few weeks ago about resolutions. A whole year is quite a feat to accomplish when setting up a New Year's resolution. The article I read was very interesting in that it suggested a new resolution each month, so 12 a year for 30 days each. Now that is probably much more doable, don't you think? 

Anyway, lets move on to today's card:


I had this idea in my head for a card but once I sat down and got ready to create....no background paper for New Year's that really fit. Okay, back to the drawing board......."My Digital Studio" to the rescue. I used the "Snowburst Stamp Brush Set" in my digital downloads and loaded a few styles of the snow bursts and adjusted the sizes and colors to my liking. I used Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit and Perfect Plum for my colors. Once I had them all loaded the way I liked, I printed on Whisper White Cardstock using a 5" x 7" background size and this is what my own designer paper looked like:


Isn't it pretty? I cut the size I needed for my card layer and then completed my card. Do you remember the cup I showed you how to create below? You can find the tutorial HERE.


I made my two cups for today's card in the same manner but much smaller than the one above. I colored the back of my "Vellum Cardstock" with a "Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Marker". I even added a toothpick on the inside of both cups and added a small olive on each toothpick!



Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Starfruit, Vellum, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Inks: Perfect Plum, Home Printer, Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • MDS Download: Snowburst Stamp Brush Set
  • Tools: Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Own Punch (olives), Sticky Strip, Multipurpose Glue
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Misc: Toothpicks
Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the technique for the cups!
    I agree that 30 days is much more doable than one year! I always resist the annual resolution because I tend to ditch them after about a month anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative....love this card! And yes, 12 resolutions is more than enough but should be a bit easier to keep more of them. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!