January 27, 2013

Chalkboard Technique!

Have you seen all the rage lately with the "Chalkboard Technique". I'm seeing them all over blog land so I thought why not? May as well join in. It's rather quite easy to accomplish. You have to "dirty" up the "Basic Black Cardstock" to make it look like someone erased the chalkboard and wrote over the smudged areas:


See what I mean? All I did was to stamp with "Craft Whisper White Ink" and sprinkle "White Embossing Powder" to my images. Set with "Heat Tool". Then I just took a tissue and lightly dipped it in the white ink and smudged some here and there:


My little pennants were easy to create with the "Pennant Punch". I added three little flowers using the "Punch Pack" and adding a "Rhinestone Jewel" in the center of each. I glued "Bakers Twine" as the top and then glued the trio in place using "Stampin' Dimensionals":


I hope you decide to give this technique a try. It does make for a cute, simple card! I finished it off by adding lines with a ruler and a white watercolor pencil:



Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
  • Inks: Craft Whisper White, White Watercolor Pencil
  • Stamps: Oh Whale, Carry On, Love & Laughter
  • Tools: Pennant Builder Punch, Punch Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Jewels
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Very nice....great colors and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I love the chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!