January 10, 2013

CCMC234!

I have to admit something to you today for our challenge at Create with Connie & Mary. I totally completed my card and had a wowza of a "duh" moment. I totally used the wrong neutral color and had to start all over again. So I will be showing you two identical cards today. The only difference being one uses "Whisper White" and the other "Very Vanilla". Don't ask me how I messed that one up as the colors shown below were right smack dab in front of my face when I started my card:


I will show you the cards individually first and then if you keep scrolling, I have the both of them side-by-side so you can see the slight variation.

First up, Whisper White:


Followed by Very Vanilla:


Both cards:


I have been using Very Vanilla a lot lately. It's my new favorite white. That may be why I dug it out! I used the new Ovals Collection Framelits for some of my layers. I embossed the Pink Pirouette layer with the Square Lattice Impressions Folder:


If you look closely at my flower in the center, it is a little shiny. I inked my stamp image in VersaMark Ink first followed by Pink Pirouette Ink and stamped my image. I quickly sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder and set with my Heat Tool. Yes, you can do that and with any ink color!


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse
  • Inks: Midnight Muse, Pink Pirouette, VersaMark
  • Stamps: Distressed Dots, Oh Hello, Secret Garden
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Ovals Collection Framelits, Secret Garden Framelits, Curly Label Punch, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Midnight Muse
Have you heard the news yet? The Spring Edition 2013 of Create with Connie & Mary is almost here! Read more below:

EARLY BIRD signups for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Occasions Edition 2013 have begun!

• New projects every day
• PRIZES just for joining!
• Session begins January 20
• Access 24/7
• Over 30 exclusive samples
• Step-by-step PHOTO tutorials
• Featuring products in the Spring 2013 Catalog
• Only available to subscribers!
• Demonstrators & Customers welcome!

Create with Connie and Mary Spring Occasions Edition 2013 Regularly $34.95 US EARLY BIRD PRICE $29.95 US!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Very cool technique for the flower! I have never tried it before. I, too, am liking the Very Vanilla lately! Seems like most of our dsp uses it anyway. Beautiful card, by the way! Love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just beautiful Debbie! I can't wait to get my hands on that flower as I think it's so pretty, especially embossed like you've done - great idea BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS in BOTH colors! Thanks for the clever tip on the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...love the cards in both neutral colors! Love how you cut the ribbon to make it skinny! Love all the textures...just right for this soft and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - the difference is very subtle but it's definitely there. Love the layout and mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's beautiful in both colors! I can't tell you how many times I have grabbed the wrong ink pad for projects and then thought 'How did I do that?'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the card is wonderful in BOTH colors, Debbie!!! I'm always rechecking the color combo, too...my memory fails me all the time! lol! I'm so happy we have ovals back, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!