December 18, 2012

Season's Greetings!

Wow, Christmas is fast approaching. Do you have all of your cards completed and mailed? I used to decide on a card design and create about 50 of the same design, production style. Last year I decided that I would use all the cards I create for my classes, workshops and blog posts. No one receives the same card and I am soooo less stressed out. The only big task I have is to sit down and complete the insides.

I have some "color-blocking" for you today!


  • I started out with a Whisper White Cardstock piece cut at 8 1/2" x 5.5" and folded in half. 
  • I then cut another piece of Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" for layer #2. 
  • I glued 4 different colored cardstock panels measuring 1" x 5 1/4". to the Whisper White panel. For my strips I used Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Midnight Muse.
  • Using the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Folder, apply VersaMark Ink to the bumpy side with a Brayer.
  • Run your 4-colored strip layer through the BigShot using the inked folder.
  • Sprinkle White Embossing Powder and heat set with your Heat Tool.
  • Trim your cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Sponge Midnight Muse Ink along all 4 edges. Glue in place:

Don't you just love the little bit of Champagne Glimmer Paper on my ornament? Here is a listing of all the Stampin' Up! products I used:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Midnight Muse
  • Inks: VersaMark, Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue
  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Folder, Holiday Framelits Dies, Labels Collection Framelits, Decorative Label Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin 'Dimensionals, Punch Pack, Sponge Dauber, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder
  • Accessories: 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
  • DSP:Champagne Glimmer Paper
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. a lovely card, Debbie! I especially like the colors together, and the sparkly textures. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous....blues are perfect for Christmas/Holiday cards....love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!