December 24, 2012

Double Fold Christmas Card!

Happy Christmas Eve! I hope your festivities will be happening soon for you and your family. It's kinda weird to have Christmas Eve on a Monday don't you think? Dave and I decided to take this week off from our business just to get some much needed R & R. My son has arrived from Portland and we are all getting together tonight as customary on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to see the look on my granddaughter Kaitlynn's face as she opens her gifts tonight. My mom started a tradition of chicken stew for supper on Christmas Eve when we were just little and as my siblings and I grew up and had our own families, I've carried that tradition on to my kids. They always look forward to my chicken stew feast.

I have a super cool card fold for you today. You will need 3 pieces of cardstock to complete this "Double Fold" card:


The card swings open on both ends and then folds flat as shown below:


I stamped the image from the Christmas Blessings Stamp Set using VersaMark Ink and sprinkled Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder on the First Edition Designer Paper. Once the image was heat set with my heat tool, I added just a touch of Pretty In Pink Ink with a Sponge Dauber. A little is all you need:


I wanted to keep this card very serene looking so I opted to use a very small sliver of Champagne Glimmer Paper that was cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelits. I then wrapped a strip of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon around the strip and glued in place using Sticky Strip:


Here are the measurements for the 3 pieces of cardstock:
  • Main card panel: 5 1/2" x 11" and scored at 1 3/4", 3.5", 7 3/4",  and 10"
  • Card Front (left): 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Card Front (right): 2 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Fold the card as shown below and glue the 2 panels to the front folds:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: VersaMark, Pretty In Pink
  • Stamps: Christmas Blessings
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Big Shot Machine, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Sticky Strip, Heat Tool, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
  • DSP:First Edition

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Deb! And best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!