December 6, 2012

CCMC229!

Welcome to December's week 1 of this month's challenges for Create with Connie & Mary. We have a beautiful sketch for you to work with today for this week:


My Card:


I decided to stamp an image in the background on my designer paper. Not only are my images stamped, they are all inked in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Early Espresso Embossing Powder. I love how the embossing powder turns my images into glossy raised designs:


Notice the skinny triple layering of my Labels Framelits Die shape? I cut 2 of each in Early Espresso and Lucky Limeade Cardstocks and cut them in half horizontally. Glue them under the 1st layer until they peek out about 1/4" on the top and bottom. I love the skinny look of the layering:


I hope you have enjoyed my card for today and I also hope you will be joining us in this week's challenge. Here are the Stampin' Up! supplies I used:

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Stamps: Christmas Lodge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits Dies,Heat Tool, Early Espresso Embossing Powder
  • DSP:Candlelight Christmas

I will have another post for you today for Day #6 of my 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments. Make sure you stop by! If you missed the first 5 days, you can start HERE!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. I love how you stamped the tree directly on the DSP! I must remember to do that! I love the warmth of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed images! And stamping on the dsp is such a great idea!! Love the layering! Just a very beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! That embossing really is a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the way the tree is stamped on the DSP and behind the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of this set too when I saw the sketch! Gorgeous card Debbie - love these papers you've used for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the tree behind the house...so clever doing that with all the blank space! That house image always reminds me that ONE day I'm going to Vermont and take a sleigh ride and say in an Inn during the holidays! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautiful with the embossed tree in the background!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!