December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments-Final Day 12!

Today completes my 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments. Didn't that go by a little too fast? I hope you enjoyed my little 12 day count and I hope I have given you some inspiration. Not only can you use these as ornaments but can you picture some of these as decorations for gift packaging? Hanging off of a gift bag handle maybe?

Dave and I took a trek in the woods early this fall and picked some pine cones. In Maine we have an over-abundance of pine cones and I love creating things with them. I even use them to decorate our home for Christmas. We picked various sizes because depending on what type of evergreen you come across will give you different varieties and sizes:


Today's ornament started with a pine cone and some "VersaMark Ink". I dabbed some here and there on the tips of the scales of the pine cone and then sprinkled "White Embossing Powder" and used my "Heat Tool". Once this is completed, your pine cone looks like it has snow stuck to it, it's pretty cool:


You will also need a quadruple bow of "Cherry Cobber Tulle" and a separate piece of Tulle to create the hanger.

The stamped layer was inked with the deer image from the "Joyous Celebrations Stamp Set" in "Early Espresso Ink" and the oval image was inked in "Cherry Cobbler Ink". I then cut the cardstock piece using my "Wide Oval Punch". I added "Stampin' Dimensionals" to the back of the oval and glue it to 2 flowers cut from the "Blossoms Punch" in "Gumball Green Cardstock" and layered. I added a few "Rhinestone Jewels" to add some bling. Finish off by adding a teensy-weensy bow made from the "Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine". Glue to the front of your pine cone using a Hot Glue Gun:


The bow and hanger are glued to the top of the pine cone using the Hot Glue Gun also!


Tomorrow and the remainder of December I will be showing you Christmas cards and 3D items and once Christmas is over, I will resume my regular weekly schedule. And by then, I will have some new goodies to show you from the new "Spring Catalog"....coming soon!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Gumball Green
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
  • Stamps: Joyous Celebrations
  • Tools: Blossom Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder
  • Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Tulle, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Jewels
  • Misc: Glue Gun, Pine Cone
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Come back later today when I'll have my tutorial for sale for December!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! I've enjoyed all your ornaments and you were right about how quickly the time passed. Very cool treatment to the pinecone. SO pretty! I'm going to try the ornament that lays flat and if I can find some big pine cones, may give this one a try as well. Thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for you comment. Wish I lived close to you as I have a whole trash bag full of them and could bring you some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these beautiful 12 ornamets. And for sharing your awesome designs.

    Merry Christmas hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Debbie...what a fabulous way to end your 12 days of Christmas....this is spectacular! Thank you for all of your shares....you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!