December 8, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments Day #8!

Have you enjoyed my 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments so far? Today we are on Day #8 and I have a rosette ornament for you to look at:


Stampin' Up! has amazing tools to work with. One of my very favorites is the "Rosette Die". This die cuts the end shape of your rosette and also makes all the folds you will need:


Once cut, all you do is alternate between a valley fold and a mountain fold and join the ends! The total width of my rosette circle is 4". I started out with 2 DSP panels measuring 12" x 2". I have a tutorial listed HERE if you would like to view step-by-step directions on how to create the rosette. I used a 3" circle on the back to hold the rosette together instead of the 1 3/8" circle mentioned in the tutorial.

For the stamped ornament I used the image from the Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set and first inked it using Wild Wasabi Ink and then I "rock n rolled" the edges of my stamp in Garden Green Ink. The center is a 2nd stamp image from the same stamp set inked in Cherry Cobbler Ink. Both images have been cut with my Big Shot Machine and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies. I glued them together using a Stampin' Dimensional and layered the ornament over a punched 2 3/8" Scallop Circle in Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.

Come back tomorrow for Day #9 and thank you so much for stopping by today!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Open Sleigh
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Rosette Die, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Holiday Ornament Framelits Dies, Modern Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, 3" Circle Die
  • Accessories: In-Color Dahlias, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
  • DSP:Snow Festival
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!