December 3, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments Day #3!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a very pleasurable weekend! To make things even better, how about Day #3 of my 12 Days of Ornaments? I have another easy one for you today. Can you tell yet that I just LOVE my Big Shot Machine?

Today's ornament is created using the "Petal Cone Die". I had actually cut a bunch of these up last year to add these ornaments to one of my Christmas trees and didn't have time to finish them. This year, they will be hanging on my tree:



But wait, where did the Basic Gray Tulle come from? We don't sell that color do we? No we don't....but we can always improvise, right? I'll tell you how in a minute.

First I cut out (2) of the "Petal Cone Die" shape by using "Tempting Turquoise Cardstock". I cut (4) of the scallops from the die in "Basic Gray Cardstock". I embossed all the layers with the "Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder" and assembled my cone.

The stamped snowflake image is from a stamp set from last year as I made these last year. We have a brand new snowflake stamp set called "Snowflake Soiree" that works perfectly also. I stamped a snowflake with "Tempting Turquoise Ink" on "Whisper White Cardstock" and cut it out using the "1 1/4" Circle Punch". I then sponged "Basic Gray Ink" around the circle and I also sponged on the edges of my cone shape. Add "Rhinestone Jewels" in the center of each snowflake and glue in place on all 4 sides of your cone.

Use a hand-held punch to punch 2 holes on opposite sides of your cone and add a piece of ribbon, tying a knot at each end.

Now for the "Basic Gray Tulle". I used the "Crumb Cake Tulle" and rubbed "Basic Gray Ink" with a "Sponge Dauber" to color my tulle! Magic! Add a piece of "Sticky Strip" along the inside edge of your cone on all 4 sides. Remove backing and press and gather the tulle in place!
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray
  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Petal Cone Die, Sticky Strip, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: Crumb Cake Tulle, Rhinestone Jewels, Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful color combo!!! I am sure they look bright and pretty on your tree. I don't have this die but at times like this....I think maybe I should....but just placed two orders today so guess it will again be left behind...LOL! Thanks for sharing how pretty these are....and what cute gifts they can be also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!