December 11, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Ornament-Day 11!

Wow, I can't believe we are on Day 11 of my 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments. One more day to go and that means we are half-way to the Christmas holiday already. Are you all ready for Christmas? I am. I get my shopping done early so I don't have to contend with the crowds. My kids make it easy for me also. When they hit the teenage years, I always asked them for a "wishlist" and I've continued that well into their 20's.

Well on to today's ornament. I found this one on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. It's a little tricky when you get to the end but I enjoyed this one:


If you would like to try one of these, here are the directions:

Step 1: Using designer paper (2 patterns), cut 9 strips of each pattern measuring 1/2" x 3 1/2". You will also need 2 buttons and 2 designer paper circles cut with the 3/4" Circle Punch:


Step 2: Fold each paper strip in half:


Step 3: Using needle & thread (double thread), pierce through 1 designer paper circle, then through one button hole, through the other button hole and back through the designer paper:


Step 4: Now that you have the designer circle and button threaded, continue with the needle & thread and pierce through one end of each paper strip. Make sure you line up your paper strips so that your patterns alternate:


Step 5: Cut a piece of drinking straw 1" long and thread your needle through it as shown. Pull the thread and begin piercing the opposite ends of your designer paper:


Step 6: Pull the string taut and begin spreading out your designer paper strips to fan them out as shown below:


Step 7: Thread your needle through your 2nd designer paper circle, remove the needle from the thread and thread a single piece through one hole of your button and the other piece of thread through the 2nd hole of the button:


Step 8: Pull the thread to keep everything secured and tie a double-knot to the button. Form a loop with the remaining thread and cut off excess:


Step 9: Hang ornament!


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Tools: 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Accessories: Designer Buttons
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas
  • Misc: Needle & Thread
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love this! Thank you for the instructions and the fabulous blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite unique Debbie. Might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing and so different....thanks for sharing all of the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous ornament! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!