November 6, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Technques-Crystal Effects Snowman!

I was surfing the web one day looking for projects suitable for my granddaughter Kaitlynn and ran across this interesting site where they used Elmer's glue and created a "blob" that resembled a melted snowman. I thought...hmmmm, wonder if that would work with our "Crystal Effects"? So look what I made with it:



The first thing I did was to dig out my "Silicone Craft Sheet", cause...nothing sticks to it right? Well, I was going to prove that. I squeezed some "Crystal Effects" onto my sheet, creating a blob to somewhat resemble a partially melted snowman head. I waited a good 5-10 minutes an stuck a hand-cut carrot for the nose, straight up in the air and let it sit until the "Crystal Effects" was dry. Yes, you need patience for this project.......it has to dry COMPLETELY to be able to handle and peel!


While that was drying, I used a black Permanent Marker and colored 7 of the medium sized "Pearl Jewels" to make them look like coal. Still waiting for the "Crystal Effects" to dry. Okay, I moved on to punch out a "2 1/2" Circle Punch" shape in "Whisper White Cardstock" and sponged the edges with "Marina Mist Ink". I then cut out a snowflake shape with "Silver Glimmer Paper" and the "Snow Flurry Die". Layer and glue the circle over the snowflake shape. Add a piece of "Island Indigo Bakers Twine" for hanging and keep waiting for the "Crystal Effects" to dry. I think it took about 30 minutes. I then peeled off the snowman from the "Silicone Craft Sheet" and no, it did not stick! It peeled it away so quick & easy!

I then added a little bit more "Crystal Effects" to the back of the snowman and glued him on the ornament. I then added the black "Pearl Jewels" in place for the eyes & mouth and then added a trio of "Rhinestone Jewels" on the bottom of my ornament! Enjoy!

Project Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
  • DSP: Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Inks: Marina Mist, Black Permanent Marker
  • Accessories: Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Jewels, Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Big Shot Machine, Snow Flurry Die, Crystal Effects, Silicone Craft Sheet


Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!!!!! Very creative and adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so completely adorable! Thanks for sharing! Now I just HAVE to get that silicone craft sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great craft and an adorable ornament or tag! Love using my crystal effects but I agree with other posters - it might be time to get that silicone craft sheet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I have made the 'melted snowman' with my preschoolers a few years ago, and they do take quite a while to dry. I'll have to try this fancier version at home!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!