November 27, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Altering Framelits Dies!

Hi Stampers! Today I have a tip for you on how to alter your framelit die's. If you own the "Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies", look below at my card for today and you'll see a shorter version of one of the framelits:


Follow these steps and you can complete the smaller version of the label also. Start out by stamping your sentiment. When you get ready to cut the shape, keep the sentiment to the left-hand side and cut:


Notice the blank space you are left with on the right-hand side? This is what you are going to alter and cut off to re-size. Place the framelit in place by laying the cardstock piece partially inside the framelit and secure both pieces together by using painter's tape or masking tape. This is what it looks like when you flip it over:


Now run the cardstock layer through the Big Shot:


This is what the completed and cut sentiment layer looks like:


Isn't that super easy? You can do that with most of the framelit dies. Below is my little tree cut from the "Holiday Collection Framelit Dies". Once cut I sprayed the whole tree with "Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint" to give the tree some shimmer:




Here is a listing of all the Stampin' Up! supplies I used for today's card:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Certainly Celery
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Holiday Collection Framelit Dies, Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Folder, Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
  • Stamps: More Merry Messages
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas


Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. This is a real beauty! Love the textures and colors. FYI... I can't access your "Frosty Friends" post. I get a message that says the page is unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! I posted the other page in error, it was supposed to be scheduled for December so I had to re-date it. You'll see it next month!

      Delete
    2. What a great tip Debbie! Your card is gorgeous. I know I'll use this tip often so thank you for so generously sharing. Appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Debbie. Great tip....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this framelits set but love what you did...and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!