November 21, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving Blessing Treat!

I have for you today, a Thanksgiving Treat that I created for each of the 12 girls that attend my monthly "Techniques Class". I made a few extra's also. I found this little poem and thought it would make a cute gift for a topper. I will have a PDF document available for you to print to make your own if you scroll later in my post.

This is my Blessing Treat holder:


Mass production!


And this is the Thanksgiving Blessing poem:


Click HERE to view & print the PDF document! This document is from Google Docs so I hope you will be able to open it! You can cut 6 from one page to use for the topper.


I created the topper using 2 different sizes of the "Labels Collection Framelits Dies". The "Early Espresso Cardstock" is folded first and I cut the label without removing the fold.

My pumpkin was completed by cutting 3 with the "Small Oval Punch" and stacking them. Add a partial branch from the "Bird Punch" and finish it off with a "Rhinestone Jewel".

Project Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Small Oval Punch, Bird Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Misc: Cello Bag, Treats, Poem
I also have a little story to tell you today. Dave and I installed a pellet stove in our shop a few months ago to help with our winter heating bill. Because we use our garage for our business, we have to heat it and it gets quite expensive to keep 2 buildings warm all winter in Maine. With the price of oil, well, we had to do something. I also decided around that same time that I wanted to hold my Stamp Camps and classes here in my home. So this is what I did:

I purchased tables & chairs and we set up shop right in the garage! The pellet stove is only a few yards away and it is perfectly toasty this time of year. For the summer months, we have an air conditioner in the shop also.


All of these girls are from my Techniques Class, all 12 of them! Dave took the photo's while we worked on our projects. He wanted everyone to know what actually took place in "his shop"!


As you can probably guess by now, we run a fire prevention business so the decor you see are boxes and boxes of fire extinguishers and fire suppression supplies. And situated behind me in the photo below is the "green machine" that stays in the shop during the winter months. Dave uses the "Deere" to plow our driveway:













So there you have it, the place where I hold my classes and proof for Dave. Thanks girls for letting Dave indulge and thanks for your continued support!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. this looks like so much fun, Love it, I also love that you're thinking practical. GO Deer-green :D
    cute cute projects as always. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki and yes...Go Green! Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family!

      Delete
  2. This looks just like my Porcelain doll shop that I had at my home years ago. I got a store front later on and always wished I had stayed in my garage. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves there and I did a lot better business wise there. Take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina, we sure do have a great time, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  3. These are just toooo cute!!!!!!!!! Know that your Technique ladies will love them. Thank you for sharing and hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving with your granddaughter and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving Carol and thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. Deb - this looks just like my garage, except Randy has to move his orange Kabota tractor whenever I have stamp class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decor is not so nice Cathy but we have a good time and everything is close by if I forget to bring something. Happy Turkey Day!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!