I have a Thanksgiving card for you today:
I used quite an array of stamp sets and wheels for today's card. I had this idea in my head on creating a cute little turkey and I love how it turned out and look, no white paper was used at all:
Here is how I created my turkey:
- The feathers are created by inking the petals from the Build A Blossom Stamp Set, stamping on Crumb Cake Cardstock and cut out with the Blossom Petals Punch. I used Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight & Tangerine Tango Inks. I glued them all in layers to each other.
- The body was inked in Early Espresso Ink using the Betsy's Bloom stamp set and I hand-cut the image. I know, I know...lots of you hate to fussy cut, sorry, for me it is so relaxing! I added a small Pearl Jewel for the eye and a larger one to adorn the wing. Did you notice the little flower I used for the turkey's beard? (I always have to ask my hubby what that dangly thing is called). The flower is from the same stamp set and tucked underneath.
- I glued the body to the feathers and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to glue him in place.
Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday today, we at Create with Connie & Mary have taken the week off for this week's challenge week. We will resume our regular schedule next week. You can still play with us as our challenge from last week will last for 2 weeks! Happy Turkey Day and enjoy your meals today! I know I will!
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake
- Inks: Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Build A Blossom, French Foliage, Betsy's Bloom, Betsy's Bloom Standard Wheel, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Tools: Blossom Petals Punch, Window Frames Framelits, Big Shot Machine, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Word Window Punch
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Early Espresso
- DSP:Brights Paper Pack