November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family blog readers! I hope you have a very enjoyable long weekend and for those of you attempting Black Friday tomorrow, please stay safe....and no, you will not see me at Black Friday!

I have a Thanksgiving card for you today:


I used quite an array of stamp sets and wheels for today's card. I had this idea in my head on creating a cute little turkey and I love how it turned out and look, no white paper was used at all:


Here is how I created my turkey:
  • The feathers are created by inking the petals from the Build A Blossom Stamp Set, stamping on Crumb Cake Cardstock and cut out with the Blossom Petals Punch. I used Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight & Tangerine Tango Inks. I glued them all in layers to each other.
  • The body was inked in Early Espresso Ink using the Betsy's Bloom stamp set and I hand-cut the image. I know, I know...lots of you hate to fussy cut, sorry, for me it is so relaxing! I added a small Pearl Jewel for the eye and a larger one to adorn the wing. Did you notice the little flower I used for the turkey's beard? (I always have to ask my hubby what that dangly thing is called). The flower is from the same stamp set and tucked underneath.
  • I glued the body to the feathers and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to glue him in place.
For the background of the card I used Crumb Cake Cardstock and I stamped splotches from the French Foliage Stamp Set with Crumb Cake Ink and I stamp the bottom using the Betsy's Bloom Standard Wheel. My layered shapes were cut with the Window Frames Framelit Dies.

 Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday today, we at Create with Connie & Mary have taken the week off for this week's challenge week. We will resume our regular schedule next week. You can still play with us as our challenge from last week will last for 2 weeks! Happy Turkey Day and enjoy your meals today! I know I will!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake
  • Stamps: Build A Blossom, French Foliage, Betsy's Bloom, Betsy's Bloom Standard Wheel, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Tools: Blossom Petals Punch, Window Frames Framelits, Big Shot Machine, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Word Window Punch
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Early Espresso
  • DSP:Brights Paper Pack
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I love your turkey! Very creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, hope you had a great holiday also!

      Delete
  2. That is super genius creativity. I think cutting is therapeutic too. Happy Thanksgiving to you Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Vicki and thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!