November 16, 2012

Free Friday-Punch Art Owl!

Awwww....look how cute my little owl card turned out for you today:


I used a little bit of punch art and I used a little bit of framelits art! The shape of my owl comes from the "Window Frames Framelits". Yes it does! I used the normal cardstock size of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and folded in half. I then placed my framelit so that it was centered over my card front. The fold at the top stays intact and this also creates a flat bottom so that my card can stand upright.

I used the "Tasteful Trim Die" to create the feathers, 6 layers of the scallops. Once cut, I used my "Bone Folder" to curl each scallop strip before gluing in place:


The nose is from the Blossom Petals Punch. I snipped the end of the blossom and stuck it on with a "Stampin' Dimensional". This was such a fun card to create and it is my own design. I added a bow at the top to make it a "her" owl. Omit the bow and you have a "he" owl!

Stampin' Up! supplies used:
  • Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
  • Stamps: From My Heart
  • Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
  • Tools: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Hand-held punch, Blossom Petals Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine, Tasteful Trim Die, Window Frames Framelits, Mini Glue Dots, Bone Folder
  • Accessories: 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by to visit! 

 
debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com
 
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is a super fun card. Those feathers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO cute, Debbie!!!!! What a great card, love his ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Debbie!!! Owls are a favorite of mine. Would love to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Wonderful job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!