November 30, 2012

Free Friday-Kim's Workshop!

Happy Friday Stampers! This is the last weekend in November as we head into the Holidays. I will be spending the weekend decorating our home as I always wait until at least December 1st before I do decorate. Even though I love decorating for the holidays, I find that some people decorate way to early. They don't even let Thanksgiving come and go. I get tired of having my house in a not so normal setting. The day after Christmas, everything comes down. What about you? How early do you start and how long after the holidays do you keep the decorations up? Oh, and on another note, I find it awful to drive down the road in February or March and some of the outdoor decorations are still hung and dried out....what's with that?

The 3 projects I am showing you today come from a workshop I demo'd for Kim and friends. I started out with a fallish card:


If you ever create a card and feel that one of the layers is just too bold, try covering that layer with "Vellum Paper". The vellum actually tones down the colors. That's what I demo'd with this card. The Whisper White Cardstock layer with all the leaves are covered with one layer of vellum:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Island Indigo, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Vellum
  • Inks: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit
  • Stamps: Gently Falling, French Foliage, Day of Gratitude
  • Accessories: 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Brads
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits
Card #2 has the inked embossing folder technique on the card front:


Ink up your "Brayer" and roll the ink onto the bumpy side of your embossing folder, insert cardstock, and emboss with the "Big Shot Machine":


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Argyle Textured Impressions Folder, Tasteful Trim Die, Modern Label Punch, Holiday Collection Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Brayer
  • Stamps: Timber Stampin' Wheel, Sensational Season, Winter Memories
  • Accessories: Mini Brads
Project 3:


A few of my girls requested the elegant ornament found on our Holiday Mini Catalog's front cover. I decided to change up the colors to Crumb Cake and Wild Wasabi:


Project 3 Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi
  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies, 3 1/2" Circle Die, Rosette Die
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Linen Thread, Crumb Cake Tulle
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Pack
  • Misc: Glue Gun
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Great work, love the project 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card with the leaves is wonderful - and had you not said anything, I thought you had stamped on to the velum for that effect...it's great!!! Your ginger bread card is adorable...love the red dsp background. Now to your elegant ornament...your color choices are fabulous - it is soooo much richer looking. Thank you for sharing all of these projects with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!