November 29, 2012

Children's Advent Wall Hanger!

I just had to post this project for you tonight. I fell in love with this Santa's Beard Advent Wall Hanger that I saw HERE just a few days ago on Pinterest. I just had to make one for Kaitlynn. And it had to be completed before December 1st so I rushed to get it done tonight. Of course this project does not involve any stamping and requires some free-handing but I really like how the whole project evolved and turned out. It took me about an hour to create this:


Okay where is the Santa's beard you may ask? Why is there a big green blank spot under his stache? That's where the advent part of this project comes in. First here is a close up of Santa's face:


I free-handed all the parts except for the eyes and the pom-pom. If you look below you will get what I mean about Santa's beard:


Starting on December 1st, Kaitlynn will be adding a cotton ball to his face to form a fluffy, white beard! The ones you see above are not glued on yet. I just placed them there to show you how this whole thing works. Pretty cool huh?


I used Silver Glimmer Paper for the brim of the hat and the pompom. I also used Red Glimmer Paper for the Holly Berries. Even though there isn't any stamping involved, all supplies used are Stampin' Up!


This little poem I created in MDS2 last night as I watched TV and printed it tonight right on my printer. How easy and convenient and right at my fingertips! I hope you like my project and will consider creating one for your child or grandchild.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. That's so cut Debbie! What a great Advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, this is so adorable. I'm sure Kaitlyn will love putting on Santas beard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerry, a super project for grandkids!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is such a great idea, and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... This is Just too CUTE!!!! What a GREAT idea....

    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!