Today our design team is showing off some "favors" for the holiday season using the stamp set we were assigned during Week #1. My stamp set is "Christmas Deer":
The first thing that came to mind was a punch art reindeer. A little light bulb went off in my head when thinking "hmmm, what will I used for the antlers?" First let's talk about the face:
Do you recognize the shape of the goodie box? It's the "Purse Die" with the top flap cut off! For the eyes I used the "Owl Punch" and for the nose I used the "Small Heart Punch" and "Red Glimmer Paper". So how did I use the stamp set in this favor? I used the little ornaments and the scroll design from the antlers to create the cute little tag you see above.
Now on to those antlers:
I used the "Autumn Accents Die" and cut out (2) of the oak leaf shape. Yes, really, those are leaves! Now lets move down to the ears:
The ears are layered and cut out with the "Blossoms Petals Punch". I folded the pointy ends over about 1/4" and glued them to my favor box. I filled my favor box with "Whoppers" because, well, they reminded me of something deers do in the woods!
Here is a list of Stampin' Up! supplies I used for my project:
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette
- DSP: Red Glimmer Paper
- Stamp Sets: Christmas Deer, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Purse Die , Owl Punch, Small Heart Punch, Word Window Punch, Blossom Petals Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Autumn Accents Die, Sticky Strip, Tombow Multi-purpose Glue
- Accessories: Linen Thread
- Inks: Real Red, Always Artichoke