October 12, 2012

The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week #11!

Have I told you yet how much of a super time I've had joining in on Terry's "The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop"! Never would I have imagined 13 weeks of so much fun. You really need to create and join in on the fun!


I taught a technique class last month and I showed my class how to create a background using Epsom Salts. The card they made had an Elegant Eggplant Cardstock background and I demo'd this background to them in class using Tangerine Tango:


If  you click on any of the photos, you'll get a close-up view of the texture. This technique is so cool. Just mix equal amounts of boiling water and Epsom Salts, brush on, let dry and voila:



Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
  • Stamps: Wicked Cool, Googly Ghouls, Perfectly Preserved
  • Inks: Basic Black
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Spider Web Textured Impressions Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen
  • DSP: Neutrals
  • Accessories: 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Googlies
  • Misc: Paint Brush, Epsom Salts
Join the fun by adding your card or project here:


Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the technique! Great combination of all the stamp sets! They work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard or seen of the Epsom salt technique. It looks very cool. I love the bats in the jar! And the two goofy bat with googly eyes. They're so cute. Thanks for the wonderful post. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    Hugs,

    Terry
    The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool "bat" card and I love it all! Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting technique Debbie. It actually looks like part of the spider web in the one photo. Cute card - looks like those bats on the outside are trying to figure out how to break the others out of the jar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!