October 19, 2012

Punch Art Bats!

Punch Art bats for you today! I was a little upset last year when Stampin' up! decided not to continue selling the "Bat Punch". It was so short-lived but I guess not enough customers purchased it. A few days ago when creating my card,  it suddenly occurred to me to try using the "Butterfly Punch" to make my own bats. My card for today is also being entered into Terry's "The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week #12!


Here is my card for this week's blog hop:


If you keep your "Butterfly  Punch" on the edge of your cardstock and just punch part of the butterfly, voila....bats!


I also inked up my "Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Folder" with "Basic Black Ink" using a "Brayer" and embossed my "Tangerine Tango Cardstock" layer. See how the embossed outlines show up in black:



Stampin' Up! Supplies:
    • Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
    • Kits: Ghoulish Googlies Designer Printed Kit
    • Stamps: Ghoulish Googlies
    • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Basic Black
    • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot Machine, Tasteful Trim Die, Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Folder, Butterfly Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Brayer
Make sure you drop by Terry's "The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop" and say Hi...Hi Terry!


Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. cute card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and fabulous techniques! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Your bats are cool and this is a great idea for those who don't have the retired bat punch. My favorite part of your card though is the embossing folder with black ink. That is a stunning look! Great card. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the fancy fan is outlined in black - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I love the black ink with that embossing folder. I still have my "old" bat punch. I love it. But I love your idea using the butterfly punch to make bats! Thanks for adding your card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!