October 27, 2012

Happy Wedding Day to Travis & Ebony!

I have a cute little story to tell you today for the card samples I am showing you. A customer & friend of mine Cindy, asked for help in creating an invitation for her son's wedding. Okay, that was easy, just ask for help....but......I totally scratched my head when she told me the colors  for the wedding were going to be pink, purple and orange. My first thought was "wow" what am I going to do with that color combo! Then I sat down and thought more and more...October, fall wedding, autumn wedding, fall colors.....LEAVES AND WOODGRAIN with all my new stuff from the Holiday Mini Catalog!


And this is what I came up with. I actually made two versions of the card and this is the one that Cindy picked for their invitations. Now for another bit to my story, Cindy just started stamping with me not too long ago and she told me that no way did she have enough experience and "what did I get myself into?"


Soooo, Cindy showed up with Cyndee and Vicki, 4 of us, and we set out production line style and got going. We had a blast and some laughs and got all the invites completed in one sitting! Phew! One of us stamped, the other ran the Big Shot, one sanded the Core-dinations Cardstock and Cyndee completed the calligraphy for the insides. We then all sat together and assembled!

Below was a 2nd version with a gate fold and a belly band, same elements as the first card:



Congrats to Travis & Ebony! Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. With those colors, I would have been scratching my head too, but you did it! This is a lovely invitation and I love that the four of your created them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grimaced when I read the colors you were to work with, but you make them look terrific together! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and unique idea! You did a fabulous job balancing the colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!