October 6, 2012

CCMC-HOL5!

We have some of the most gorgeous stamp images in our Holiday Mini Catalog and today's card proves just that. Welcome to the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary's Holiday Subscription. This challenge is open to all of our subscribers. Look at the luscious colors we have for you today:


My Card:


This card is quite simple but when you add just a hint of embossing, paper piercing and watercoloring, the end result is beautiful. How easy when you have the perfect tools to work with. Below is a close-up of the paper piercing made simple with the "Festive Paper Piercing Pack". Guides on templates to help you create perfect designs:


A little trick I used to stamp my image is to first ink the image using VersaMark Ink and without stamping, re-ink using Soft Suede Ink. Stamp the image and sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool. You now have colored embossing. I also used my ink pads and a Blender Pen to color the skates. Before opening your ink pads, squeeze the centers so they bend inwards slightly a few times. Open the lid and voila, a pool of ink to work with on the lid. Just dip your Blender Pen and color!


I hope you have enjoyed my card for today. By clicking HERE you will be directed to the Create with Connie & Mary blog and you can view all of the designer's cards. Here are all the products from Stampin' Up! that I used today:
  • Cardstock: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: Soft Suede, VersaMark, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
  • Tools: Heat Gun, Clear Embossing Powder, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Festive paper Piercing Pack, Adorning Accents Framelits Dies, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Folder, Blender Pen
  • Stamp Set: Winter Memories
  • DSP: In Color 2013 Paper Pack

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Love this image in these colors! I love how the foal image is paper pierced - really makes the skates stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how these pink ice skates look and all the fun paper piercing. Darling card! Thanks so much, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!