This card is quite simple but when you add just a hint of embossing, paper piercing and watercoloring, the end result is beautiful. How easy when you have the perfect tools to work with. Below is a close-up of the paper piercing made simple with the "Festive Paper Piercing Pack". Guides on templates to help you create perfect designs:
A little trick I used to stamp my image is to first ink the image using VersaMark Ink and without stamping, re-ink using Soft Suede Ink. Stamp the image and sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool. You now have colored embossing. I also used my ink pads and a Blender Pen to color the skates. Before opening your ink pads, squeeze the centers so they bend inwards slightly a few times. Open the lid and voila, a pool of ink to work with on the lid. Just dip your Blender Pen and color!
I hope you have enjoyed my card for today. By clicking HERE you will be directed to the Create with Connie & Mary blog and you can view all of the designer's cards. Here are all the products from Stampin' Up! that I used today:
- Cardstock: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
- Inks: Soft Suede, VersaMark, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
- Tools: Heat Gun, Clear Embossing Powder, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Festive paper Piercing Pack, Adorning Accents Framelits Dies, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Folder, Blender Pen
- Stamp Set: Winter Memories
- DSP: In Color 2013 Paper Pack