September 4, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Sticky Strip the easy way!

Do you sometimes have a hard time peeling the backing off of your Sticky Strip? Your fingernails just can't seem to grab the end  and peel or this adhesive is so wonderfully sticky that it seems impossible to peel? Keep reading about my handy tip.....
First a brief description about this product which I love! I use this product on all of my 3D items I create......they NEVER fall apart!

 This super-strong adhesive will hold together a box or pouch like a dream! It won’t lift, curl, distort, warp, or wrinkle. You can also use it to adhere other craft-related embellishments, such as beads, glitter, or embossing powder.
  • Double-sided, pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive. 
  • Acid free 
  • 1/4" wide 
  • 10 yards 
  • Comes in a zippered plastic bag for convenient storage
Sticky Strip
Item #104294
Preferred Price: $6.95

Now for my tip:


Here is a photo of a prepared layer of cardstock with a piece of Sticky Strip attached. You may be having a difficult time peeling the backing off.

The next photo shows you how you can simply add a Bone Folder to the mix:


Using your Bone Folder, rub the Sticky Strip with the Bone Folder several times in a back and forth motion, especially on each end. What this process is doing is actually warming up the glue and makes the backing easier to peel off.


The Sticky Strip is easier to get a hold of so you can easily continue on with your project!

For those of you that were kind enough to visit the Preview Week at Create with Connie & Mary, we are now in full swing with our subscription. You can sign up anytime during our subscription also.


LIKE US on Facebook...when we get 100 likes, we'll give away a FREE subscription! 200 likes...a second FREE subscription, and so on! PLUS, you just never know when we'll have a special challenge or prize on there...LIKE US TODAY!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!


Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Useful tips, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I must give this a try. Just yesterday I was fussing with this and here you are with a great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time getting my Sticky Strip out of the package it came in! I think it was because it had gotten warm, then cold, then warm again. It just didn't want to come out and play. Love the tip! Hope you have a great day!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you bunches! I have gotten so irritated over sticky strip! I wondered what was the secret to taking the backing off ..too many people use it for it to be that difficult for everybody else...I will try your tip and see how that goes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this as well, but never figured it for this reason...I'm just trying to get it to stick at the ends...LOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!