September 16, 2012

Super Sunday-Kaitlynn's 1st Day of Pre-K!

I'm not going to participate in a challenge for you today as I normally do on Sunday's. Instead I promised photo's of my granddaughter Kaitlynn's 1st Day of Pre-K (I love this kiddo!) and I also promise I do have a project for you after you scroll through the photos:


I saw this idea on Pinterest and told my daughter Jessica about it. Each year when you take a "first day of school" photo, you log the information on a frame for your child to hold. I thought this was such a cute idea! This is 4 year old Kaitlynn holding up her very first frame for her very 1st day of school...Pre-K!


I'm so proud of her. She cried a little at the thought of going to school for the very first time. I'm sure it is quite intimidating but we got her calmed down and she did climb those "big bus" steps. We assured her we would follow her to school and be there to take a photo of her getting off the bus and conquering those super duper huge steps!


Kaitlynn's assigned seat in her classroom. Yes, even Grammy followed the bus to school to meet her teacher and take a peek at her classroom!


Kaitlynn & Mom waiting for the "BIG" bus! Kaitlynn wasn't smiling like this when she first woke up that morning realizing where she was going. Poor thing. What a huge step for her. She is so attached to her mom!


And yes, this is my project for today. How can my grandchild not have a tag with her name on the back for her giraffe book bag? Kaitlynn LOVES giraffe's. I first spotted this punch art giraffe on Linda Fisher's blog a long time ago and had it bookmarked. I knew I would use it again someday. Here is a close-up:


Once I had it all completed, I laminated it with a laminating machine so that it would withstand the weather and beating around with a young one! I also used So Saffron 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon to secure the tag to Kaitlynn's book bag. On the back I added her name and grade in case the book bag is misplaced on the bus or at school:


Book Bag Tag Supplies:

Punches:
  • Large Oval Punch
  • 1 1/4" Circle Punch
  • 5 Petal Punch (retired)
  • 1/2" Circle Punch
  • 1/4" Hand-held Punch
  • Circle from the Punch Pack
  • Decorative Label Punch (name information layer)
Cardstock:
  • So Saffron
  • Pretty In Pink
  • Basic Black
  • Sahara Sand
  • Whisper White
Dies:
  • Two Tags Die
Tools:
  • Big Shot Machine
  • Tombow Multipurpose Glue
  • White Signo Gel Pen
  • Paper Snips
Accessories:
  •  So Saffron 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Misc:
  • Laminating Machine

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Debbie: MELT MY HEART! Thank you for sharing your darling little granddaughter's first day of Pre-K school with us. LOVE the bookbag tag you made and the picture frame idea is AWESOME to do each year. Thanks for sharing these "big girl" steps with us - TOO DARN CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so grown up - and soooo sweet! What a big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting and scary at the same time. And how wonderful you were able to get these special photos. Love that giraffe tag - adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful pictures to remember this big step(and I'm not talking about the bus!) in her life! The giraffe tag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag so much. Can you please tell me what a 1/4 hand held punch is please. Thanks for sharing this lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teena! Hand-held punches are purchased at any office supply store. I've included a link to a page I found on the internet to give you an idea what they look like. They are usually very inexpensive to purchase. Hope that helps!

      http://www.mcgillinc.com/shop-by-department/crafts-products/handheld-paper-punches/

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!