September 11, 2012

Kaitlynn's 1st Day of Preschool!

Look at this cute adorable photo:

 This was my granddaughter Kaitlynn at 9 days old. She was born 4 years ago and today is her first day of Pre-School. Kaitlynn was born on March 21, 2008-a day after the first day of Spring. Dave and I drove my daughter Jessica to the hospital that day in the worst snowstorm in Maine that year. What should have been a 45 minute ride turned into and hour and a half ride but we made it!

This is what she now looks like:



This photo was taken a few weeks ago when we took her fishing with her pink Barbie fishing pole that you can see behind her as she is eating her snack. I can't believe how fast these last few years have flown. I will have to tell you how her day went as she thinks her mom is going to school with her!

I decided to make her something special for her 1st day of Preschool:


I've seen this little backpack all over blogland. The first time I saw it was on Splitcoast Stampers HERE. The flaps on mine are a little different. Here are some close-ups:


Close-up of gathered ribbon and Antique Brads:


And the little tiny 3" x 3" coordinating card:


Here is a list of supplies I used:
  • Cardstock: Pretty In Pink (of course!), Whisper White
  • DSP: Floral District
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry
  • Stamps: Easy Events, Bug Me
  • Accessories: Antique Brads, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Tools: Sticky Strip, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
Have a great day and enjoy the photo's of Kaitlynn below:





Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, she is so very beautiful! Children just grow so fast. I love how you made her first day so special. The backpack is phenomenal! She's so lucky to have such a talented and creative grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she was adorable - then and now! She will love the backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures and the gift set is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backpack Debbie. Your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!