August 22, 2012

Wednesday Wacky-Mousetrap Clip!

This is #2 of my "Artisan Award" entries for the 3D category. It's a small magnetic clip for a desk or file cabinet to hold notes or other things:


And yes, made with a real mousetrap! I used the Hearts Collection Framelits to cut out a piece of thick cardboard and covered it with Summer Smoochies DSP and sponged the edges:


I painted the mousetrap with white paint and sponged the edges with Island Indigo Ink:

Project Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
  • DSP: Summer Smoochies
  • Misc: Mousetrap, Cardboard, Craft White Paint, Paint Brush
  • Inks: Island Indigo, Old Olive, Craft White
  • Tools: Build A Blossom Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" CIrcle Punch, Punch Pack, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers
  • Stamps: Tiny Tags
  • Accessories: Bakers Twine

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! I've been following your blog for some time now and knew today was the day to leave you a comment. LOVE how your mouse trap holders turned out. My SU demo friend Kendra made one as the Door Prize for our July meeting......and I knew that I would be making these one day. I've prepared 8-of them for an upcoming Mania back in Wisconsin and only wish I had painted mine like you did. FABULOUS CREATION Debbie and many thanks for all your inspiration and fabulous post....I truly love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is just toooo cute and to think you made it with a mousetrap! Beautiful creation, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about thinking outside of the box! I'm afraid I'd hurt myself with a mousetrap, but this is so freakin' cute. I love the colors and embellishments you chose. Who knew you could use a mousetrap as a note holder? Very cool idea!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Debbie, this is just tooooo cute. Gotta give it try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....your creative mind is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!