August 14, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Embossing Multiple Colors!

The card I am showing you today has multiple colors of embossing on one panel. I even overlapped some of the embossing:


This is quite simple to achieve actually. I first stamped the Craft Whisper White Ink on Basic Black Cardstock and moved the drying process along by using my Heat Tool. Craft Ink takes a little longer to dry and can easily be smudged if you don't let it dry completely.

Stamp the branch image with VersaMark Ink several times and sprinkle with Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool. Stamp the branch image again with VersaMark Ink several times and sprinkle with Melon Mambo Embossing Powder. Don't be afraid to overlap what has already been embossed. Set with your Heat Tool.

I then cut out the shape using my Big Shot Machine and the Labels Collection Framelits:


The Melon Mambo background piece is embossed using the Stripes Textured Impressions Folder. Quite a simple card, don't you agree?

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic Black
  • Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Craft Whisper White
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder, Labels Collection Framelits, Modern Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder
  • Stamps: Just Believe
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! This is beautiful! I love the multiple colors embossed. Something I've never tried but will now. Simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great technique...love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this, Debbie! Guess I'll have to order more EP. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, this is such a pretty card, and a technique I haven't seen before! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and clever! Thank you.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!