August 18, 2012

Saturday Simple!

For those of you that have been following my blog for quite some time, you've learned a little bit about me here and there over the years. Well today I have a little tidbit about all my years in junior & high school. I was an avid athlete. I played sports all year-round. To include varsity basketball, softball and volleyball. We even won the Maine state championship for softball my senior year. I couldn't get enough of playing sports. I even continued on after graduation and played quite a few years of woman's softball during a summer league. What memories. That's why when I spotted the stamp set "Great Sport", I just had to have it!
Take a peek:

What is really cool about this stamp set is once you have the background image stamped, you can add a baseball/softball, basketball, football or soccer ball. How clever is that?

I used "Stampin' Dimensionals" to pop up my softball and my sentiment:

Everything you see stamped has been embossed to give it the puffy look. Here is a list of what I used for today's card:
  • Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Stamps: Great Sport, Friendship Preserves
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Window Frames Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder, Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder, Merry Mini's Punch Pac, 1 3/8" Circle Punch
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Stack
Thanks for popping in today and have a great weekend!

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this card and putting it on display. I have two boys in soccer as well as their dad and am always stumped as to how to make them each a card. I love the idea on substiuting the sports. Love your color choice and layout. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see masculine cards. I struggle with masculine designs but this one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Debbie! You have talked me into getting this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. My high school didn't have softball, but I played every summer on teams from when I was a kid up to starting a co-ed team at work many years after graduating from college. I loved it! It's nice reading a bit more about you. And I love the card and colors you chose.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!