August 27, 2012

Merry Monday #30!

Happy Monday everyone! Want a great way to start off a new week today? Why not join us at Merry Monday for our new weekly challenge? We have a brand new sketch this week.......don't forget, your submission must be Christmas-y! Here is the sketch for this week:


And my card:


I really went away from the traditional Christmas colors with this one. I just love how the Pretty In Pink Cardstock and the Rich Razzleberry DSP look against a little splash of Early Espresso. I even colored my Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon in Early Espresso Ink to match my card. Here's a close-up of the colored image:


I embossed my DSP panel with the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder and lightly sanded the embossing. I also added Dazzling Details in all the little swirly's in the embossing. The stamped image also has some of the Dazzling Details in the leaves and the flowers were colored with my Blender Pen and my inks!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Early Espresso
  • DSP: Brights Paper Pack
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Pretty In Pink
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Word Window Punch, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder, Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories:  Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Dazzling Details
  • Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Bordering on Romance
This week is my last week as Merry Monday's Guest Designer for the month of August. Thank you Leslie and girls for inviting me along! Make sure you visit to view the Design Team submissions this week and join in!

I also want to remind you today is Melissa Davies turn for her project today during our Preview Week at Create with Connie & Mary. Melissa Davies at RubberFUNatics will have a free tutorial & project for you and she will be offering blog candy on her blog. Visit Create with Connie & Mary for all the details!



Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful Debbie! I love this non-traditional stamp for a Christmas card. Very clever use of the embossing folder on the DSP - love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, what a pretty Christmas card. I love the Dazzling Details on the embossing and your colouring of the flowers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Your flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this non-traditional Christmas card, Debbie! The beautifully colored image is perfect against that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Debbie! Love the pretty colours and the embossing as well! Thank you so much for being a Featured Designer with us, I enjoyed getting to know you better and stamping with you!! I hope you will continue to join in the fun each week!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Your make non-traditional beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Debbie, the non-traditional colors are wonderful. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of color. The non traditional red & green Christmas colors are refreshing. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I love these non traditional color combination you did along with the pretty coloring of the flowers. Nice added touch with the dazzling details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!