August 20, 2012

Merry Monday #29!

So...how was your weekend? I hope you had a little bit of time to spend stamping. And what better way to keep stamping than to play with us at Merry Monday this week! Look at this fabulous sketch challenge:


And my card:


I wanted to create a flower for the focal image this week and what a beautiful flower our Red Glimmer Paper creates! And so easy with the Big Shot Machine and the Blossom Party Die. I cut two flowers and glued the first one flat. For the second flower, I cut all the petals to make them individual and added a trio of Stampin' Dimensionals in the center. I then curled each petal with my Bone Folder and pressed them to the center:


The background is stamped with VersaMark Ink using the scroll-y image from the Everything Eleanor Stamp Set. I hope you have enjoyed my card for today as August Guest Stamper for Merry Monday!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake
  • DSP: Polka Dot Parade, Red Glimmer Paper
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Blossom Party Die, Boho Blossoms Punch, Large Scallop Edgelits, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Inks: Real Red, VersaMark
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon




Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh, look at that fabulous sparkly flower! That paper always reminds me of Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz...and always makes me wish I had a pai of my very own. Haha! Such a fun holiday card! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Debbie! Just love your big flower and all the sparkle of the red glitter paper! Very pretty!
    Thanks for being our Featured Designer this month over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty caard, your flowers is beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glimmer paper does make a beautiful flower, Debbie! I love the subtle swirls on the background. A perfect backdrop for the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower which translates into a beautiful Christmas card! I love the non-traditional colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually it was not til I looked at this the second time that I noticed it was a Christmas card....!!! Great idea to use the unusual blue polkadot paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that flower is just BEAUTIFUL! What a festive card for the sketch.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this glimmery poinsettia Debbie - lovely Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Debbie, I am so sorry for my late comment this week, I have been working hard on setting up my classroom...ah, work! It gets in the way of my blogging! *grin* The Eleanor stamp in the background is lovely, The poinsettia is perfect in glimmer paper, I love that stuff! You are doing an amazing job as our FD!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!