August 13, 2012

Merry Monday #28!

Happy Monday! I am trying to lift myself up for a brand new week today! I've been so tired lately, almost vacation time...a few more weeks!

How about joining us at Merry Monday for a new sketch challenge? This is my 2nd week as a guest designer for the month of August.

This is the sketch challenge for this week:


I decided to stick with the "Clean & Simple" sketch layout. I sometimes have a hard time with "Clean & Simple". I'm an in-between girl as I also do not like clutter on my cards. I just love the tree image from the "Christmas Lodge Stamp Set":


I inked and stamped my tree image and then stamped it a 2nd time without re-inking to create the shadow of the tree. I also spritzed my card with "Shimmer Mist" to make my card shiny and glittery looking. You may be able to see the shimmer if you click on the photos:


Did you notice the red pearls? I used a red Permanent Marker and colored our "Pearl Jewels" and then stuck them in place on my tree.

I also curled up one corner of my stamped layer using a pencil and then painted the paper curl with a paint brush and "Frost White Shimmer Paint":

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
  • DSP: Brights Paper Pack
  • Inks: Old Olive, Real Red
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Little Labels Punch Pack
  • Stamps: Christmas Lodge


 

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. This is a clean, simple and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been admiring your trees, Debbie! The red "ornaments" and the rolled corner are wonderful extras! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty CAS card, the red pearls on the fabulous and the little corner curl is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design...love the red pearls and the rolled corner...great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, this is perfect! I love the look of the double tree and your pretty red pearls! The corner bent over is also a nice touch!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely! I love the vintage look and that rolled corner is a perfect touch.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie - I was going to use this stamp set too! I love how you've offset the second tree and coloured in your pearls for ornaments-very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the sketch Debbie, the trees look fabulous and the turned down corner adds a vintage feel that is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the curled corner and your beautiful trees! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!