August 19, 2012

Halloween-y Frame!

Today is "Super Sunday" and instead of participating in a challenge for you, I've decided to show you a 3D item I've been working on. I purchased this frame from the big "W" store quite some time ago and decided to make a cute little halloween decoration that sits on my dining room table with it. Take a look and let me know what you think:


I popped out all of the glass panels that sat in each individual frame so that I could add dimension and 3D items to some of the sections. Here are some close-ups:








Here's what I used on each frame:


BOO frame supplies:
  • Cardstock: More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black
  • Stamp Sets: Wicked Cool
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Two Tags Die, Typeset Alphabet Die, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade

I used MDS2 for this frame:
  • Digital: From the Crypt Digital Download
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Set: Delightful Dozen

Spider & Banners Frame:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango
  • DSP: Howlstooth & Scaringbone
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Pennant Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Sanding Block
  • Accessories: Googlies, Baker's Twine, Dazzling Details, Dahlia's, Designer Buttons

Rosette Frame:
  • Cardstock: Lucky Limeade
  • DSP: Howlstooth & Scaringbone
  • Stamps: Wicked Cool, Googly Ghouls
  • Accessories: Googlies
  • Tools: 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Ticket Duo Punch, Sticky Rounds
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black

Witches Frame:
  • Cardstock: Lucky Limeade
  • Inks: Jet Black StazOn
  • Stamps: Wicked Coole
  • DSP: 2011 In Color Paper Pack
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon
  • Tools: Sticky Strip, Big Shot Machine, Large Scallop Edgelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

DSP Frame:
  • DSP: Howlstooth & Scaringbone
  • Accessories: 5/8" Crochet Trim Victoria
  • Tools: Sticky Strip, 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade
  • Stamps: Wicked Cool
  • Inks: Jet Black StazOn
And finally, here is a close-up of the 3D spider:


I cut (6) using Basic Black Cardstock and the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. Score (5) of them in half and glue the 1/2's together to form the body. Glue the completed body to (1) flat scallop. Glue a circle cut with the 3/4" Circle Punch to the underneath of the body to form the head. Add googlies for the eyes!

I hope you have enjoyed my project for today. When it comes to Halloween, I enjoy decorating for this holiday as much as I do for Christmas. Enjoy the remainder of your day and thanks for visiting!


Follow Me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Debbie, what a fantastic use of the frame. I love each little framed section. There is so much to look at and admire. This is definitely on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, you'll enjoy this. It was lots of fun!

      Delete
  2. Where did you get the frame? I am in LOVE with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Halloween decoration !! Looks very time consuming, but fun to make and you can put it out every year ! Thanks for sharing your great idea.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. It actually only took me one afternoon to get it completed!

      Delete
  4. Love the frame as a way to show off your paper art. The google eyes on the green paper pennant is my favorite. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely AWESOME, Debbie....wow!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and such a great way to use those collage frames!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!