July 19, 2012

Watercoloring!

Hi Bloggers! Thanks so much for stopping by today. Lots of demo's are attending convention this week in Utah so we are taking a break from our usual Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge.

So without further adieu, I have for  you today a card in which I used watercoloring and my ink pads:


Ink Pads to watercolor? Yes! All you do is apply pressure to the center of your pads. Place your thumbs on the top and your fingers on the bottom and apply pressure in the center. Now open you ink pad and you will notice a "well" of ink in the center of your ink pad plastic side. This is what you dip your Blender Pen in for watercoloring.

I first embossed my Watercolor Paper with my Big Shot Machine and the Manhatten Flower Embossing Folder:


When you start coloring, dip your Blender Pen just ever so lightly in the ink. If you look closely at my petals you will notice that I have some darker and lighter shading of the inks. How I achieve this is by starting in the very corner of each petal and bringing the color outward. I add a little more color to the corners in layers until I like the desired effect. Once my flowers were complete, I used River Rock Ink on the outside of the flowers to make them pop. You don't need a lot of color and just go along with the outside edges of each flower, almost tracing the outlines. Have fun trying this, it is very relaxing (to me anyway!).

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: River Rock, Raspberry Ripple, Watercolor Paper
  • Inks: River Rock, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Manhatten Flower Embossing Flower, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamps: Blessings From Heaven
Create with Connie & Mary will be back next week. Make sure you stop by to see what my challenge card will be!

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and fantastic technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Debbie! Those big bold roses are just gorgeous! I will certainly have to give this a try soon. I love how serene this sympathy card is, bringing comfort to whoever receives it. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It's stunning. I am going to have to try this one.
    All of your artwork is utterly amazing. You are so talented. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us. I very much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This technique is so beautiful on the roses, my favourite SU EF. Very serene.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely WOW Debbie. You have given me inspiration to have another try at this great technique of watercolouring with blender pens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!