July 17, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Technques-Separating Stamps!

Today's Tip is to show you how to separate stamps that have images and sentiments all in one. I am using the Easy Events Stamp Set for my demonstration.

Has this ever happened to you......You need to use a sentiment on your project, but the sentiment is on the same rubber as an image? Such as the stamp I am showing below:


Why not make 2 stamps from the individual stamp? I carefully cut away the sentiment from my stamp using my Paper Snips:


Cut the rubber so it is nice and smooth, cutting away any unnecessary rubber and foam. You are then ready to mount and stamp:


Another TIP: If your stamps are wood mounted, place the stamp in the microwave for about 10 seconds to loosen up the glue and peel the stamp off of the wooden block. Cut away as shown above and re-glue the sentiment on the side of your block and re-glue the image part of your stamp on the top of the same block. The stamp will be tacky enough to re-glue in place. Both stamps will be located on the same block but can be stamped individually.

Very simple and now you have access to the sentiment's and are free to stamp them separately from the image.


Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Love it! I do have a question though......Do you use the labels that come with the clear stamps? If so, do you place them on first then separate the greetings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your comment. I myself, no longer use the clear labels on my stamps because they cling so much better without the labels. Being a demo, I don't have the time it takes to scrub my clear blocks or stamps when they stop clinging and this way, I don't have to worry about that. If I was to cut (if using the clear labels), I would cut the rubber first and then cut the labels to fit afterwards. Just so that you don't mess up your labels. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the parts of he stamp images aren't to close together, I like to use my big SU! scissors. They are super sharp and I get better leverage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!