July 6, 2012

Lisa's Workshop!

A few weeks ago, I conducted a workshop for Lisa & friends (Hi Girls!). I demo'd 2 cards and then the girls each made the 3rd card to take home with them.

This is the 1st card I demo'd:


I showed them how to create a "collage" using various stamps on one panel:


Card supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
  • DSP: 2011-2013 In Color Paper Stack 
  • Inks: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral
  • Tools: Scallop Trim Border Punch
  • Accessories: Basic Black Satin Ribbon
  • Stamps: Artistic Etchings

Card #2 is something different I've done with a few of my workshops lately. The idea came from our demo monthly magazine called Stampin' Success and it is called "Step It Up". You start with a clean and simple card like the one below:


And "Step-it-Up" by adding other elements and embossing like I did below:


Notice how adding just a few different elements can change the look of a card?

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: River Rock, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
  • DSP:  Birds of a Feather
  • Tools: Oval Accent Die, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Elegant Butterfly Punch. Mini Glue Dots
  • Inks: Craft White, Raspberry Ripple
  • Stamps: Bees & Blossoms, Papillon Potpourri
  • Accessories: Linen Thread, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
Card #3: Make n' Take:


Some days I lack inspiration like anyone else and I had run out of ideas the day I prepared all my cards for the workshop. I was so tired from traveling for our business and was just totally brain dead. I happened to be viewing Linda Callahan's blog and love Linda's clean & simple style. She had a card almost identical to this one. When you copy someone's cards or projects, it is always common courtesy in the stampin' world to give them credit for CASEing (copy and stamp everything). Even though I copied almost all of it, I still give credit where credit is due. Thanks Linda!


We used lots of new tools on this card! The stamp set we used on this card will be available as a special purchase starting July 1st and for the month of July only. For a $50 order, you can purchase this stamp set for $5. How exciting is that? Make sure you check my blog on July 1st to get all the details for this exciting set.

Card supplies:
  • Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White, Pretty In Pink
  • DSP: Floral Districk
  • Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Markers
  • Tools: Large Scallop Edgelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Delicate Designs Embossing Folders, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamps: Reason To Smile, Itty Bitty Banners

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, fun cards! I bet the ladies had a lot of making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, as always...I think that your M'n'T is my favorite, but the Step It Up card is fabulous too....I need to pay more attention to our Demo magazine for these great ideas...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!