June 12, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Reverse Spotlighting!

What is "Reverse Spotlighting"? It's when you highlight part of your image by punching a window and layering a stamped image underneath the window. I created this card before the retired stamp list came out for this year so a few of these stamp sets are now retired but you can substitute with any stamps to complete this technique. Take a peek:


Follow these steps:

Step 1: Stamp your main image randomly all over your cardstock. Using a circle punch (any size), punch out part of your images. Here I punched out 3 total:


Step 2: Stamp the same image again on cardstock using a different ink color and cut out your shapes, either by hand or with a coordinating punch:


Step 3: Adhere the punched shapes to the back of your windows, aligning them perfectly:


Step 4: Using a different colored cardstock than the piece you started with, glue your card front to layer. Complete your card:


I used 4 different cardstock colors in this sample and then added a sentiment:



Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise
  • Tools: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamps: Tiny Tags, Floral Fillers (retired), Oval All (retired)
As we continue our "Preveiw Week" at "Create with Connie & Mary", today we feature Melissa Davies at RubberFUNatics. Make sure you visit to enter our drawing!
Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting idea, will give it a try....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea Debbie....my creative cogs are clunking!! Ta for the very visual tute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool technique Debbie, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of those "duh" moments, when you wonder....why didn't I think of this?!?!? And then I couldn't figure it out until I read all of your (super!) instructions. You rock!!! Can't wait to try this out myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did it! I made a card!!! I've linked back to this post - thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!