Here is the photo of the graduation cap & gown card:
Open view of card and of course I would add more than a dollar bill inside. All I had to stuff in there for a photo was a dollar bill!
I'm not sure if the original creator added Velcro but it keeps the card closed:
Closer view of the half-cut Velcro dot:
And the final result:
What a cute way to present someone with cash! Here are the measurements if you are interested in creating one of these:
- Cap: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 1 1/4" on all 4 sides. Fold all flaps under and glue in place to form a 2 1/2" square. Add a tassel, cardstock button and sentiment as you like.
- Gown: 7 1/2" x 6 1/2", score on the 7 1/2" side at 3/4"' 2 1/4", 5 1/4", 6 3/4". Fold the 2 1/4" & 5 1/4" score lines towards the center. Fold the 3/4" & 6 3/4" score lines away from the center to form the flaps.
- Glue the cap to the left-hand side of the card portion by positioning the cap diagonally. I also added a dot of glue under the flap sitting under the cap so the flap stays flat.
- Add a half-cut piece of Velcro under the cap on the right-hand side.
- For the inside money pocket, I cut a piece of cardstock 2 7/8" x 2". I used the Scallop Trim Punch on one long side and added Tombow Multipurpose Glue very thinly to 3 sides and pressed in place.
- Add cash to inside pocket!