I purchased a bunch of Glad brand plastic containers. They measure about 5" square. The clear ones with the blue lids. I have one for each individual embossing color. Inside that container, you will also find a plastic spoon that stays with that container and with that particular embossing powder color. The container also serves as a "catching" device when I remove the excess powder. I stamp with VersaMark Ink, hold my cardstock layer over my container, sprinkle embossing powder with my spoon, flick off the loose powder right back in my container, snap on the lid and voila, mess-free! I also have an address label on the lid that has the embossing powder color and the item number so that when I need to re-order, the color and number are right at my fingertips!
Okay, enough of my rambling, here is an "embossed" card for you today:
I embossed three flowers on Vellum Cardstock by first stamping them with VersaMark Ink. I then sprinkled Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder (over my container) and heat set with my Heat Tool. I then used my Scallop Circle Punch and cut all three of my flowers. Add a Glimmer Brad to the center of each flower.
I glued them in place using Stampin' Dimensionals:
- Layer #1: Cajun Craze Cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/" and sponged with Cajun Craze Ink on all 4 edges. Stamp with the Distressed Dots background stamp using Cajun Craze Ink. Add the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Perfectly Penned Stamp Set inked in Cajun Craze Ink.
- Layer #3: Add the embossed flowers trio!
- Inks: VersaMark, Cajun Craze
- Stamp Sets: Perfectly Penned, Button Buddies, Distressed Dots
- Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Vellum, Whisper White
- Accessories: Glimmer Brads
- Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, Heat tool, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder