May 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to my son Greg!

My son came into this world on May 28, 1987, two weeks late and weighing in at 9 lbs. 7 1/4 oz. Seems like just yesterday. He and his girlfriend Allison, along with a group of friends are away for the Memorial Day weekend camping in the Mount Katahdin area. He has been into kayaking lately so Dave and I purchased a kayak for him for his birthday and this is the card I made for him:


Not a kayak but the closest I could come to a kayak, using the sailboat stamp image from "The Open Sea Stamp Set":


I used a little bit of punch art on my helm. I first stamped the image using "Midnight Muse Ink" and cut out the circle with my "2 1/2" Circle Punch". I then used my "Big Shot Machine" to cut a 3" circle from the "3" Circle Die" and layered my stamped image. Using the "Word Window Punch", I cut 4 and snipped them in half. Glue each piece on the back of the 3" circle evenly spaced to create your helm.

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: The Open Sea, Friendly Phrases
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse
  • Tools: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Big Shot Machine, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine, Neutrals Designer Buttons
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Wow, fabulous card, Debbie. Great colors and I love that helm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son, Debbie! He and I share a birthday, woohoo! Love this card--midnight muse pairs so well with Crumb Cake. Love your background stamping and the wheel is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to you too Nance. How cool that you share your birth day with my son!

      Delete
  3. Great masculine card and love the whole nautical theme!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!