This little card opens up to reveal something cute inside. Here are the steps to create a card for yourself:
Start out with a piece of cardstock, in this case "Basic Black Cardstock", measuring 7.5" x 7.5". Score on all four sides at 1 7/8" with your "Simply Scored Scoring Tool".
Cut all four corners off with your "Paper Snips".
Using the "Corner Rounder Punch", round all the corners of each flap.
Add a piece of "Whisper White Cardstock" to the center measuring 3.5" x 3.5". Use the "Corner Rounder Punch" on all 4 corners. Glue in place in the center of your card. Stamp the image from "Style Beautiful" using "Basic Black Ink" in the center. Stamp the sentiment "Congratulations" from "Curly Cute" using "Basic Black Ink" at the bottom of the "Whisper White Cardstock" layer.
Create your owl as follows:
- Body: Owl Punch in Basic Gray Cardstock, cut off feet
- Feet: Owl Punch in Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Eyes: Owl Punch in Whisper White for the larger size and Basic Black for the pupils
- Beak: Hand-cut a small triangle in Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Wings: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch in Basic Gray Cardstock, cut 2 pieces for the wings that include 3 scallops per wing. Cut in a triangular shape.
- Graduation Cap: Basic Black Cardstock hand-cut and add a Brad in the center
This is what your card looks like in the folded and closed position. You close the flaps like you would a box top.
Using the "1/2" Circle Punch" and "Basic Black Cardstock", cut 1. Add a "Stampin' Dimensional" to the back and glue to the center of your card front.
Stamp the "Happy Graduation" from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set" in "Basic Black Ink" and cut out with the "Word Window Punch". Add a piece of "White Baker's Twine" to sentiment and tie round the faux button in the center. Card complete!
Here is the pattern: