February 28, 2012

Tuesday Tips-Making your own Texture Plates!

Do you own a favorite punch or die and wish there was a matching texture plate to create a background with? I can show you how to achieve this......and it won't cost you anything! Take a look at the card below. I used the "Blossom Punch" and the matching "Mixed Bunch Stamp Set" to create my flower.......but wait, look at the textured background I created to match my flower:


How exciting is this! And I'll show you the steps to create your own background plate.

First I started with a piece of Designer Series Paper cardboard......you know, the cardboard that comes packaged with your Designer Paper. I cut it the same size as my "Clear Cutting Pads". Next, I used the flower that resembles the "Blossom Punch" from the "Fun Flowers Bigz Die" and cut out (12) of the flower using "Chipboard". I then lined up my flowers and glued them to my cardboard with "Tombow Mono-adhesive Glue":


Cut a piece of cardstock and place on your homemade texture plate:


On the back of my home-made texture plate, I wrote down the sandwich I need to use in my "Big Shot Machine":


Follow the sandwich above and use your "Big Shot Machine" to create the embossing seen below:


Use your cardstock layer to create a card. You can see a close-up of the embossing below:


And a close-up of the other elements on my card:


Pretty neat huh?


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Pear Pizzazz
  • Inks: Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: Glimmer Brads, Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Blossom Punch, Word Window Punch, , Bird Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Ribbon Punch, Big Shot, Home-made Texture Plate
  • Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, You're A Gem

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative & generous to share your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! I can so many uses for this -- AND it reuses that cardboard in the DSP packets. Thanks for always giving us good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea and thanks for a great tutorial-I have to try this technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have outdone yourself again Debbie! Another fantastic tip and your tutorial was wonderful! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!