February 23, 2012

CCMC-190

Create with Connie & Mary is here with a new sketch challenge today for a whole week! If you can't join us today, make sure you make time this week sometime. Here is the sketch challenge:


The second I saw this sketch, the typewriter image came to mind. I just love the stamp set You're My Type. I also embossed the bottom of my card front with the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Folder. I actually "debossed" it by using the reverse side:


To add an interesting effect, I stamped the typewriter image again on Designer Paper and hand-cut the sheet of paper. I added a sentiment and then glued just the bottom of the paper directly on top of the first image. Curl the sheet a little at the top and it looks like it is ready to fly out of the typewriter:


This sketch was so much fun! Here is a listing of all the supplies I used:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, River Rock
  • DSP: Mouthwatering
  • Stamp Set: You're My Type
  • Inks: Jet Black StazOn
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Ribbon Punch, Labels Collection Framelits, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Folder
  • Accessories: 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party
I hope you have a great day!

You're My Type, Item #125650-Clear Mount $13.95-Wood Mount $17.95

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you used the designer paper! Very creative and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, Debbie! The patterned paper in the typewriter is such a fun touch and I really like the colors you used together. This is great inspiration to finally ink up that stamp set! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the DSP tucked into the typewriter - such a great effect! The debossing is another great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love how it looks like that strip of DSP is going right through your typewriter! What a great idea! Great working with you on Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute Debbie! Love that typewriter and the paper rolling out is adorable! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Debbie! I love the DSP coming from the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the paper coming out of the typewriter! And I love how you did the reversed embossed hearts! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!