December 27, 2011

Pals Paper Arts-PPA125

Tag, You're It!!

Pals Paper Arts thought it would be fun to have a challenge that included tags. That's not to say that you have to make a Christmas tag. And it doesn't even have to be a "traditional" tag. It can be whatever you count as a tag, whether it's on its own or part of a card or another project.

I thought this was quite fun.Here is my tag:


I thought I would be different and use a new Easter solo stamp that will be sold in the Occasions Mini Catalog called "Easter Dove":


I started out with a small tag from "Lots of Tags" and stamped my image in "Concord Crush Ink". I used an Exacto Knife to cut out the inside of the dove. I used "Stampin' Dimensionals" to glue the tag to a 2nd layer. The 2nd layer is "Peach Parfait Cardstock" cut out with the "2 1/2" Scallop Circle Punch". I added a small flower cut from the "Punch Pack" in "Concord Crush Cardstock" and added a "Rhinestone Jewel" to the center of the flower and also to the inside of the cut-out dove.

For the other end of the tag, I used the "Little Leaves Die" and "Old Olive Cardstock". I adorned the leaves with the same flowers as were used on the dove. I then added a few smaller tags from the "Jewelry Tag Punch" and "Peach Parfait Cardstock":


For the main tag I used the "Two Tags Die" in "Whisper White Cardstock" and used the "Background Plates" to add some swirls to the background. I added some ribbon that will be available to you as a FREE product in the Sale-A-Bration Catalog this year! I glued everything in place and this is what my tag looks like:


I thought this would make a cute little gift as a bookmark for someone's bible, testament or daily devotion book. Make sure you visit Pals Paper Arts to see all the inspiration!

Tag Supplies:
  • Tools: Two Tags Die, Jewelry Tag Punch, Background Plates, Punch Pack, Little Leaves Die, Lots of Tags Die, 2 1/2" Scallop Circle Punch, Exacto Knife
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, SAB Ribbon
  • Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • Stamps: Easter Dove
  • Inks: Concord Crush

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Debbie! I love the cut out Dove and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Debbie. My first thought was what a beautiful bookmark for a bible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait - you used an exacto knife??? You are are amazing - and have a fabulously steady hand! This is so pretty - I love the teeny tags on the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag and love how you used the new stamp! Awesome cutting skills!! Love all of the little details, texture, and bling on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!